About Moray Rape Crisis
Our mission, vision and values
Moray Rape Crisis exists to:
- provide a practical support and advocacy service for survivors of rape and other forms of sexual violence
- work towards the prevention and, ultimately, the elimination of sexual violence
To fulfil these objectives, Moray Rape Crisis provides free and confidential information, advocacy and support to anyone in Moray (age 11 and over) affected by any form of sexual violence. This includes survivors of sexual violence of all genders and their friends, partners and families.
We also provide advice and support to staff in other agencies who are working with those affected by sexual violence.
As well as supporting survivors and others, we aim to prevent sexual violence by raising awareness, challenging myths and campaigning.
We are part of Rape Crisis Scotland and a network of local rape crisis centres across Scotland.
Our Vision is to prevent and ultimately eliminate sexual violence in the future, while today ensuring that survivors of rape and other forms of sexual violence in Moray receive the support they need, close to home and informed by intersectional feminist values.
Equalities and Diversity
We are an intersectional feminist organisation meaning we understand how different oppressions converge and we know this impacts each survivor differently. We support people of any gender, race, sexual orientation, disability and religious and cultural background.
- We believe that anyone who has experienced sexual violence, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, culture or sexual orientation, is entitled to non-judgemental and confidential support.
- We believe that no-one, regardless of behaviour, dress or lifestyle, is to blame for the violation which they experienced.
- We believe that everyone should adopt a ‘zero tolerance’ approach to any form of sexual violence.
Moray Rape Crisis is governed by a Board of 5 active and committed Trustees.
If you are interested in supporting and shaping our work by joining our Board of Trustees, please click here for more information about our Trustee recruitment.
Staff and volunteer team
We are a skilled, experienced and friendly team consisting of:
- 6 part—time Therapeutic Support Workers and a Student on Placement
- A part-time Advocacy Worker
- 2 part-time Support and Development Leads
- A part-time Communications and Engagement Worker
- A part-time Sexual Violence Prevention Worker
- 2 part-time Administrators and a part-time Finance Worker
- A Manager
Please click here to download our Strategic Plan 2022-2025.
Please click here to download our latest accounts.