How we can Support You
It doesn't matter how long ago it was or who hurt you, if you think someone has harmed you in a sexual way, even if you are not sure, you can get support from Side-by-Side at Moray Rape Crisis.
Our support sessions are designed to work best for you and are:
- A safe, confidential space to talk and be heard
- At your pace
- To help you understand or make sense of what happened
- To give information or resources
Support during a Police Investigation and going to Court
At Moray Rape Crisis we have an advocacy worker. The advocacy worker can help you by:
- Explaining what the criminal justice process is
- Going with you to police interviews and/or court
- Explain things you don't understand
- Find out what's happening with your case
- Help to say what you feel is best for you
Support for Family Members, Carers, and Friends
You might be feeling quite overwhelmed and wondering what to do if someone close to you has told you that they have experienced sexual violence. It's really important that you believe them. This may be really hard for you, especially if you also know who hurt them.
"I believe you! I’m really glad you told me, it is such a brave thing to do"
You are not to blame for what happened. The only person to blame is the person who has hurt them.
You also have the right to support to help you understand your feelings after hearing their story. You can get support from us too.